i have a creepy stalker.

has anyone had animal issues while pregnant? i have a little corgie dog, she is always so affectionate and pretty much just goofy as all get out. ever since i've become pregnant she has become increasingly intrusive. i wake up in the middle of the night and find her standing over my head staring at me. (my nocturnal husband says she does that every night) i go to the bathroom, close the door and she'll have snuck in with me somehow, if i stand in one place for more than a minute, she lays down at my feet.

she isn't aggressive or anything, she just is ALWAYS there silently keeping an eye on me. she wasn't like this before so obviously she is sensing something- anyone else have animals acting weird?

spazlilsister

Asked by spazlilsister at 1:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes
    our black lab, female, 12 yrs old
    was always by my side when i was pregnant
    and she seemed to know before i was even showing

when baby was born, she was very protective, would not let other dogs near the baby, we only have the lab, but other friends would bring dog over and she would not let the other dogs give within a few feet. she growled at them, never heard her growl before or after, she is so very gentle, now baby is 2 and she likes to sit on dog, dog just gives me the look until i get her off. she is the most patient and sweet dog
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes, my SOs lab/pitt mix has been super attached and oddly gentle with me since I got pregnant. he always sleeps in our room now, on my side of the bed. He doesnt leave the room until I wake up (my so wakes up before me) I think he knows I'm pregnant.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She loves you. That is totally normal. I'm not pregnant and my dogs do that crap all the time! Lol. She just loves you and wants to protect you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My cats did that... especially with my 1st kid. My cat Punkin (RIP) would sleep on top of my stomach every single night. They all followed me to the bathroom, outside, and almost everywhere. :)
    Anonymous

• My cousin's dog has acted wierd with me since Ive been pregnant. When Im at her house she follows me everywhere and watches me and if I sit down she lays her head right on my stomach. She's only done it since Ive been pregnant.
    Anonymous

• omgg yeahh im pregnant too and my dog is a bichon he does that now he sleeps with me every night and follows me everywhere usually when im home even if im laying down next to him he will lick or rub my stomach with his head and hes overprotective with babies...thats hilerous tho staring at u while u sleep amazing how animals seem to sense that
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 3:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• every single cat i've been around since i've been pregnant has been all over me. animals sense the prego hormones you're giving off.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• well, it's weird tho, i live in a house with 4 dogs- one being mine and 3 being my parents. the other three treat me like they always have. 2 of those dogs were mine since they were itty bitty puppies but i had to give them away to my parents almost 2 years ago. it is just weird that my little dog that i've had for a little over a year is the only one obsessed with me.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 4:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009