About my question concerning Liberals...

From what I saw in the comments of my question so far, there are MANY confused people and MANY different definitions of what exactly they think a liberal is.

I suggest you read this awesome article by By Brian Elroy McKinley that pretty much sums up what a Liberal is, stands for and wants out of life and our country:

http://www.elroy.net/politics/liberal.html

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 1:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I want to personally thank tnmom and harpy for reducing the political discourse to a two-team sport! Way to go, ladies! Conservative vs Liberal GO TEAM GO!! Red vs Blue! YAY TEAM!!
    Meanwhile, you fools, EVERYone in DC is laughing their fat asses off and bending every single one of us, regardless of political persuasion, over the barrel.

Liberal does not mean Democrat. Conservative does not mean Republican. STOP CONFUSING THE TWO. I vote for who I want based on research and core values even if they don't have a snowball's chance in hell. You know why?? Because this boxing match the gov't has us competing in IS KILLING THIS COUNTRY.

All the sh*t does, is take us further from solutions.

But, by all means, have at it. The boys in DC depend on it.
    MissBearNMonkey

Answer by MissBearNMonkey at 4:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I go by what they show they are TODAY.The proof is in the pudding.They are cheering on big government take over and control.They think this will create their "utopia" in their clouded minds.
    Anonymous

• You are lumping them together and basing their beliefs as a group on a bunch of bad apples. Do YOU like when you are lumped together with the conservative freaks who are actually nothing like you? Liberalism is a blanket term and not all liberals are for big government, welfare and freebies, so stop generalizing...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thank you, excellent article!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You're welcome! I just hope people take the time to actually READ the article and learn something- that doesn't mean of course they will change their minds, but hey- at least I tried...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The majority of liberals today are or am I dreaming? I mean they are all HAPPY and cheering about government control more failing government programs.There may be a few who do not like it but that would be very few.
    Anonymous

• You are lumping them together and basing their beliefs as a group on a bunch of bad apples.

***

But the Liberals in charge of creating the bills that become the laws that we are to abide by ARE a "bunch if bad apples," and they are fervently working hard to destroy any of the good principles that Liberalism was founded on.

I'm Libertarian anyway.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• This conservative could give a chit less what you think anon :)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You are joking right? Someone better tell all those Democrats who think they are liberals.
    I stopped reading after I finished this paragraph. LOL

"To be a Liberal is to trust individuals and families to run their own lives as they see fit. To be a Liberal is to create a nation where anyone can excel if they are willing to do the work."
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Isn't that rib busting hilarious steph what a LOAD of chit.That is NOT a liberal of today.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009