Babies at the movies: Yes or No?

Baby is not generally a fussy baby; parents will take him out if he is fussy or crying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have done that. If they are fussy I take them out and missed the movie, there is no reason to ruin the movie for others. This has only happened once, the other 20 or so times I have brought a baby it has been fine, not even a peep out of the kids.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I say that they need to make a play movie theater.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i think bringing babies to the theater is fine as long as the parents dont sit there and allow the child to cry and scream the whole time.
    Anonymous

• No, I would not take a baby to the movies simply so others can enjoy the baby. I understand you would take the baby out if he/she was fussing, but what about the few minutes it takes to get the baby up and out of the theater? What if it's at a crucial time in the movie? I know I would be upset if I went and paid the outrageous fee for a movie these days and a baby cried so I missed an important comment made by one of the actors. Some movie theaters have special showing of movies for moms/couples with babies - I would call the local theater and see if they have a specific time for people that need to bring babies with them.

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think its fine. Mine have gone to the movies since they were born and I've just taken them out if they started crying. I never missed more than maybe 15 minutes of a movie a couple of times. I would say try it, and if it works out, great. If not, then you know for next time.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• A baby in the movies can't be any worse than a teenage girl at the movies!!! ;-)
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• most movie theaters have cry rooms. try that.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I personally don't mind as long as they sit towards the back and take the baby out if it cries, or is noisy.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree with PP's that it is fine as long as parents leave if baby gets fussy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think a baby in a movie isn't a good idea. Now if it's a movie for babies and families and other babies are there then fine. But if your baby is screaming and you sit and try to wait it out and think the crying will stop soon....it's annoying and really rude to everyone else who wants to watch the movie.

When my son was tiny, I missed so many movies because I knew he would cry. I just didn't want to risk being looked at as "that mom".
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009