What do you think is going to happen in the next year, three years to this country?

I am just curious what others see as the future of America.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea, but I dont think its going to be pretty. Change is one thing, but full on ramming of the crappola coming out of Washington is not ALWAYS good.

And no I am not a right wing Republican. We went from too right, to too left. Aaargh.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• There won't be one. It will be a socialist country much like Europe.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Obama is going to try an dpush through every piece of his liberal agenda. First healthcare, then they will return to cap and tax then he will work on turning Americans into his little soldiers all while tossing in those sneaky pork programs that we should not be spending money on at this time of recession. In 2010, thank goodness the Republicans will take back enough seats to ruin anymore chance of smashing through bills. Things will slow down after that and I can't see Obama Doing anything that would cause him to get reelected so the Republicans had better remember who they are working for because they will have a lot of repair work to do.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We won't be the America I grew with and loved.
    Anonymous

• If Obama and this admin get their agenda through (which has been long in the making by the way don't kid yourself) we are SCREWED.America? HAHAHAHA nope that will be history of something great that once was but was drug down by half of the people of her.Freedoms? Whats that? bye bye.Myself I envision something such as banana republic.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• America will cease to be. Already we are seeing it slip away. When the prez is more interested in bowing and scraping to foreign leaders, and when he is more consumed with setting the white man straight over beers at the white house instead of taking care of pressing issues that affect everyone - man, woman, and child - in this country ... you know, like real jobs that will last more than a 4 year term; a health plan that will benefit everyone, not just the blacks and hispanics (Native Americans live in this country too. In fact they owned it before the black man arrived to claim it as their "right"); like protecting children instead of viewing them as punishments or social tokens. America today is unrecognizable as a beacon of hope; it's a joke.

Anonymous

• Nothing is going to be as drastic as some of the idiots here think it will be.

It will be different. Hopefully, we won't be at war. And everybody will be able to afford health care, which I guess is a HORRIBLE TERRIBLE BAD THING.

Hopefully, we'll have taken bigger steps to protect and conserve our environment.

Hopefully we'll see huge steps in science, and see less and less of religion in government. I don't live in a theocracy...I'm so glad it gets to stay that way, for now.

And hopefully, everybody will be able to get married to the consenting human adult of their choice.

But all we can do now is sit back and watch! I know I'll have fun. Will you?
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 2:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• There won't be any such thing as America if we don't do something about the road we're on now.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 2:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Hopefully what will happen is liberalism will die, reps or libertairians will replace many in congress in 2010 the rest of this damn stimulus money that isn't spent will be used to start repaying our debt, taxes will be cut and we will get back to, in the words of coolage- "the business of America is business".
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm all for abortions for anyone who wants one at any time in her pregnancy, yes. No questions asked.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 2:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009