• In the Spotlight:

Why are there teens on this site TTC?

Is there not a filter on this site for the age you can make a profile? I think that this is in a way promoting young girls to get pregnant and think they have a new play thing called a baby. I have seen this before, three of my friends got pregnant in high school and are really struggling five years later!! Why are we not stopping this and informing these young women what real life is about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There are mothers of all ages out there, why say just because they are under 18 they cant come here? They have questions and need advice too.
    Anonymous

• What age range where you thinking of?
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Teens are informed about pregnancy and the effects of it. I agree with you though, it shouldn't be something that is catered too because they are young. It's often seen as a way of condoning it. I don't condone teen pregnancy.

Once the information has been given to them about the responsible choice to make it's up to them to make that choice. Teens are choosing to do exactly what they want to do. There are plenty that insist that the choice isn't for them and they either abstain or use protection. Then there are the others who are so positive "it will never happen to me" and are shocked that it actually did.

It's upsetting that the news isn't sinking in that while teen pregnancy is very prevalent, it's not widely condoned. People still frown upon it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think that is fine when they are truely mothers! When you come accross these girls that are trying to get pregnant that is so sad to me. I have come accross a few of them and it breaks my heart you have so much to live for in high school, adding a baby takes all of that away!!
    Anonymous

• Anyone can say they are 18 to get on a website, CM can't really stop them.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• teen pregnancy happens but girls deliberately tryin before they graduate hs is crazy, i kmow they are young and dont realize how much work it really is. they fuss and cry they dont sleep all day and arent happy 24/7. i just wish they would wake up. im 20 and i feel too young to be a mom sometimes but i have 2 friends who are 19 and have 2 already idk how they do it!
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Well, not all teens are that irresponsible. My best friend had her son at 14 and is now 21 and has done a great job. She finished high school, went on to beauty school and is running her own business. Not all teenagers are like that. Granted that most do just think that babies are toys, but there are a lot of mature teenagers as well. That's not an excuse, but it is a valid point. But I do agree that they should not be TRYING to conceive, but if they are parents already, then I think that this site is helpful for them just as it is for any mother here.
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think that maybe there should be a group for teens that are interested in have kids. Something that can educate them I think it is a natural feeling for a girl to want a family but you need to think in reality. This is not a toy its a baby. They cost money and time. They will grow up and need the support of an adult with their head on strait. Maybe us moms should stop being condeming and start mothering these young women!
    sarahlu2009

Answer by sarahlu2009 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I thought this site was supposed to be like a support group where people can go to get help or advice when they need it. I don't think that just because someone is young they shouldn't be able to receive these same benefits from a public website. If you are uncomfortable with the idea, perhaps you should join a christain based community.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am a christian and kind of take offense that its a christian mind set that they can't come on here. I don't think she is saying that the mothers shouldn't be allowed on here I think its the fact that young girls are trying to get pregnant.

Personally I think as moms we hold a responsibillity to help these girls on here and to promote them to finish school and hold themselves to a higher standard that say we are worth having a college education and making a life for our selves. Instead of putting them out of the picture all together maybe we should embrace them on here.
    sarahlu2009

Answer by sarahlu2009 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009