5 weeks pregnant and a really sharp pain in my stomach?!

I am 5 weeks pregnant today and a few seconds ago I had this really sharp pain in my stomach. It lasted about 3 or 4 seconds then it went away. What could cause this?? I haven't been to the doctor yet because they won't see me for another week. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well your a bit early but possibly stretching
    Anonymous

• I just found out I'm pregnant this morning and I've had a couple of sharp pains like under my ribs, and also twisting my lower abs have hurt lately too.... I don't know what causes it, I haven't even made a first prenatal appt yet...
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt be too worried about it you could be farther along then you think and it's just stretching and thats painful! just get use to it though doesnt stop anytime soon!
    Anonymous

• yeah it might be just round ligment pain it is probably just ur stomach begining to stretch and make room for the baby to grow and also ur utereus growing and it gets pretty bigg i think by like 21weeks it reaches ur belly button...but wait til u r farther along if u turn to quick it feels like u pulled a muscle lol but it doesnt sound threatening but if u feel really uncomfortable check with ur doctor at ur next appointment
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 3:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009