What to pack for lunch?

I nned some help ladies. My son is starting 1st grade this year and I would like to send him lunches daily but have no idea what to send so he will not get bored of the same ol same ol. He has no way of warming anything up of couse being only in 1st grade so how much cold stuff is there to pack for him. Can anyone help give me some good cheap lunch ideas to pack for him. Help please!!!!!!

Thumper02

Asked by Thumper02 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oh my goodness what a question... tens of THOUSANDS of answers

the simplest of course is a sandwich. bread. bagel. pita. wrap. meat, hummes, tuna salad chicken salad egg salad nut butters meats galore. sub rolls and croissants are always fun

yogurt hard boiled eggs string cheese

seriously there is almost nothing thats not good in a lunch. cold chicken fried rice can be lovely. pasta salads..... etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• trail mix, peanut butter popscorn balls, cracker sandwiches, build a pita pizza, friut salad, granola bars, fruit gummies
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my kids loved the ritz crakers some pepperonie and some cheese to make there own lil sandwiches.. ( u can also use ham instead of pepperonie ) lil apple slices, with a fruit dip, they also have uncrustables sandwiches ( peanut butter and jelly no crust ) also the juice i use to freeze them so by the time it was lunch time they were still ice cold or slushy like..( capri sun ) im sure juice boxes would work to.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• also if you make foods hotenough and use a thermos or they make hot/cold lunch boxes now and wraps....

2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Cold cereal, yogurt and water. Carrots and celery and dip. Crackers, lunchmeat and cheese. PB&J. Use different types of breads...croissants, bagels, tortilla's, pitas. You can put food in a thremos. This is how I kept it warm....either run HOT water in the thermos for about 5 minutes or place BOILING water in the thermos for about 5 minutes, dump out and place the hot food in the thermos. Close tightly...someone will help him open the thermos, if needed. My son didn't eat bread, so I just sent lunchmeat and cheese slices. Applesauce, pudding, jello. Go to www.kraftfoods.com they have a tab for school lunches. Make sure you have an insulated lunch box/bag and ice packs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Get a thermos (I heard you add hot water to it, then pour that out and add the heated food to it) and you can send leftovers, mac and cheese, spaghettios, soup, etc.

Small salad

fruits or veggies as a side

chips, crackers, pretzels, teddy grahams

sandwiches, lunchables, cheese and crackers, tacos (put the meat in the thermos! and add the lettuce/cheese/tomatoes in baggies)
    Anonymous