For the christians, the born again believers...

Have you tried day in and day out to do what's right according to the bible but find yourself in the same routine, letting sin in your life and then feeling horrible about the choices you have made? I'm in the sitaution right now where I'm trying to do the right thing but there is a person in my life that I just can't say no too, it's like all good sense goes out the door when he is around. I have a heart for God and want to do the right things, I read, pray, and I've even started fasting (not to brag on myself, I'm desperate for deliverance from this stronghold). It would help to know I'm not the only one struggling with things like this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes and it was not until I learned to find the place of rest in Him that the sins would lessen. When we try something too hard it makes it worse but when we let it go and find rest under the shadow of His wings that is when we will find true freedom of the things that bind us.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If ur someone is in ur life who is pulling u away from ur relationship with Christ.... stop being around them. Don't put urself in a situation where u have to say no. U said u want deliverance,.. well that may mean distancing urself from the person that is the temptation. If ur an alcoholic do u keep going to a bar and asking God to help u quit? No, u stop going to the bar. If ur a drug addict, do u hang out with ur dealer and friends and watch them do drugs and say god, help me quit? No, u stop being around them. Same thing in this situation.. also, find someone u trust.. pastors wife, older married Christian woman, older mature Christian woman who is a widow or chose to stay single.. who u can go to and who will hold u accountable. I do understand what ur going through and God will help u but u need to take some steps also. Also, tell the person who u cant say no to how u feel and if they dont accept that.. move on.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thank you I truly apprecieate all the advice!
    Anonymous

• i know what you are going through. i was in a similar situation where i just couldnt say no. he had a power over me i couldnt overcome. its not the easiest thing to face. im also a christian, and it was my inability to say no that got me pregnant with my baby-hes now 4wks old. :)
    The way i see it, God has a plan for us, and you are going through this for a reason. it doesnt make you a bad person or a bad christian because you are facing this. HE is putting you in this situation for a reason.... and in the end you will be a better person for it... My advise to break away from this...is just to pray about it. Try not to put yourself in those situations...if you really want to break free.... then just do it. I really cared about the guy i was having the problem with, and i used that to help me break free of it. it wasnt just hurting me,it hurt him too, and my kids.So i used that as a source of strength. it will all b ok. :)
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You need Galatians!!! Galatians chapter 5-6 talk about the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives, and our role in allowing Him to work in us. It is God who produces the fruit of righteousness in our lives! "But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," We can't do this on our own. You never see a tree trying to produce fruit, the fruit grows naturally. We can't work at being good. But what we can do is "sow to the Spirit" so that the Holy Spirit is able to do the work in us and we can bear fruit.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." To sow to the Spirit means to abide in Him. To spend time with Him.
    cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If you are neglecting your time with Him, not reading your Bible, praying, going to church, worshiping Him. And you are filling your life with things of the flesh only you are going to dry up and be unfruitful. You need to spend time with him.

Jesus said, "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5.

We need to abide in Him and His life will produce righteousness in us naturally. Just rest in Him, spend time with Him, seek Him, love Him and your heart will change. You will hunger for Him more and more and you will be changed from the inside out, miraculously, by the power of His Holy Spirit.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• And to answer your question:

YES! I have totally gone through this before. And I know from experience that this is the ONLY thing that works. I have tried on my own to stop sinning and I can't. Paul explains this struggle in Romans 7:19 "When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway." Even Paul struggled like this!!!

But he tells the Galatian believers "Have you lost your senses? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?" (3:2). I LOVE that verse. If we were saved through the power of the Spirit do we think we can make ourselves holy on our own? No way!!!

He gets all the credit for who I am in Him. I am saved because of Him and if there is anything holy and righteous in my life it is because of Him! I just need to abide in Him, love Him and "sow" to the Spirit"
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• One thing to remember while you are "sowing to the Spirit" is that you reap after you sow -- the harvest comes later. You are doing the right things now, but you might not see any changes for a while. You reap after you sow and you reap more than you sow. So hang in there. Don't give up.

You might need to stay away from this guy until you are stronger. But don't get discouraged and give up or give in!!! "So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time." Galatians 6:9

Dear Jesus, please help my sister. Please fill her with your Spirit and draw her near to You. Please give her victory in Your mighty power. Help her to keep coming to You and trust You to provide a way out of this for her. Thank You Lord. In Jesus Name Amen.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Cinnamon mom that was awesome and totally ministered to me, thank you so much for being obedient! That has helped me more than you will ever know. I do spend time in my word everyday, but maybe I should be doing more. I will read in Galations and study those verses out tonight!
    Anonymous

• I've been there and honestly, the only thing thats going to help you is to stay away from this person. I had an affair and the only way I could stop seing this person was to change my phone number and I got a different job. You may not have to do that but do all you can before its too late. Reading the Bible and praying more helps but it all comes down to SELF CONTROL! Good luck
    Anonymous