Whats the best way to get you figure back after pregnancy?

My friend took a pill that her doctor gave her and she is skinnier now then ever. it was very costly but the results are worth it. Is that how I should choose my route?

liena09

Asked by liena09 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Breastfeeding. I was back at my old size and weight in 2 weeks. I just had to let my tummy stop being all spongy.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 2:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• im breastfeeding, it helps... but im still goin crazy tryin to get back to normal lol let me know if you find the miracle cure to losin baby weight lol
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• what was the pill called?
    Anonymous

• honestly, nursing is by far the easiest way. that way you don't have to diet or work out (i didn't at least) and it took the same time as dieting and working out did (for me 6 months)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Eat less...count the calories...get exercise....Now that you are not carrying that baby, you don't have to eat so much. Don't use a pill,though. Its not healthy and can harm your body.
    Anonymous

• i believe the pill was a cheaper version of phentormine. but i do plan to breast feed also and thought if i was also taking a pill it probably wouldn't be good for my baby. I guess I'll wait and breast feed and after thats over if i'm not back to the shape i want to be in then I need to start finding a different way. Thanks very much for all the info. Every bit helps.
    liena09

Answer by liena09 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can't take diet pills and breastfeed. It will affect your milk supply AND get passed to your baby through your milk. It's not safe for the baby.

The best thing to do is a healthy diet combined with exercise, which must be cardio and weight training (for weight loss you want to do 20 reps with light weight) on alternate days with 1 day off a week for your muscles to repair themselves.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009