will i lose this?

im on wic for my 6 month old dd...i got married a month ago to someone in the navy...he doesnt make much money at all and im in pa while hes in va so we dont even live together now. when i tell wic that i got married will they deny me formula? i dont ask for food stamps or anything but formula is so expensive and hes a low rank and doesnt make much money. im so afraid ill lose it. plz dont bash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think so. I've heard military families can still get WIC based off pay and I think rank. But I dont know this from personal experience, just what I've read.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• A lot of military familes get WIC. We qualify for it and my husband is a Corporal. We don't really need it, though, so we don't get it.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 2:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i know for our local wic we can look up online what the local income cutoffs are per family size. Do an online search and see if you can find it for you area.

Answer by missanc at 2:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• you shouldnt lose wic at all especially in your situation. my mother was on wic while married and their income was very low.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You'll most likely still qualify even now that you are married.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I recieved wic and my husband had been in for 10 yrs. He was an E-5. On a side note, I think it's sad that the people who protect our country recieve pay below the poverty level.
    a.d.x3mom

Answer by a.d.x3mom at 2:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree; our soldiers don't get paid nearly enough for what they do.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 2:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• all i'm saying is that we get wic and my husbands in the military so if they try and tell you anything different they're lying.
    Anonymous

• It depends on his income. You'll have to check income guidelines for a family of 3.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe so.. my live-in former boyfriend makes $400/week and we still qualify for WIC. The offices usually will work with you to make sure you qualify too.
    OH.. and just a side note incase your interested. The foodstamp guidelines have changed and my WIC office told me that if you qualify for WIC, you'll qualify for foodstamps.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009