What do you think of a breastfeeding baby doll?

I will post the link in the reply

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 2:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I saw this in a group already. To be honest, my first thought is that it's kinda weird, but that I like it! Society, especially ours, has attached this icky feeling to breastfeeding. A doll like this is a good step in the right direction. BF is NATURAL and it's what our boobs were made for!
    As another mom pointed out, lots of girls with BF moms will pretend to nurse their baby dolls anyway.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thats a little creepy lol
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• That's very true I breastfeed, and all of my girls have BF their dolls... they see it as natural.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• thats just unnatural although thats what god made us to do i just think its a lil weird because lil girls don't have tatas.
    Anonymous

Really, they do there just not developed. What so unnatural about a little girl mimicking her mother?

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think it is fine. Anything to help promote the healthiest thing we can do for our babies. Way to go Spains toy makers!
    Anonymous

• creepy I agree
    but probably would not be creepy to me if I was raised in another country
    US is uptight about a lot of natural things
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• but probably would not be creepy to me if I was raised in another country

very true.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• WTH?! that was funny! I admit when I was a little girl I used to pretend to bf my dolls! But to make something that actually makes sucking noises? That's a little strange. My neices have seen their mom, me and the rest of their aunts breastfeed so they know it's what moms do to feed their kids. I don't think they would need a doll like this to teach them. I also don't think it "sexes up" kids which one of the brilliant comments said. There is nothing sexual about bfing. This doll is just out of the ordinary. I don't think it would catch on in the states!
    Anonymous