who here has heard this

not to tell people your preg til after your 3mos along because its bad luck

truannmil

Asked by truannmil at 2:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • not necessarily bad luck, but 2 years ago, i got pregnant, told everyone immediately, then miscarried 5 days later at 6 weeks. i was still having people ask how the baby was growing & whatever almost a month later. so, with this pregnancy, we waited the first 3 months out to tell.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Haven't heard it and I told everyone. But a lot of people don't tell because the risk of m/c is higher in the first 3 months.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 2:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've heard it a lot. I did it as well.
    Its less about luck and more about if you miscarry, and have to deal with people asking you how your pregnancy is going...
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I never heard bad luck but I have been told that if you are to miscarry that it is usually in the first three months. Maybe that's why?
    Anonymous

• idk i told my friends and family after i got my u/s at 6 weeks.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've heard this. My mother wouldn't buy anything for either pregnancy until I was past the three month mark. I never waited to tell people, but I still think it couldbe a good idea to wait. If you already have oncies and gifts, and then have a miscarriage I think it'd be harder to handle.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 2:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I haven't heard that its bad luck but I have heard that that's what many people do to avoid having to tell people they had a miscarriage if that happened. I would have waited till my 3rd month as well but I had to tell my parents before that because I am on my dad's insurance. I HAVE heard however that you aren't supposed to let your baby see his/herself in a mirror before they are 1. Don't ask me why.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• That's weird; my son has ALWAYS loved seeing himself in the mirror.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 2:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• it's suppose to be bad luck because you could have a miscarriage anytime before 3 months and after 3 months the risk goes down so people feel safer to tell others at that point
    Anonymous

• I heard that but I told people asap, I was just way too excited
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009