Another Kindergarten for Dummies question

Can anyone tell me a good list of clothes to buy for my daughter starting Kindergarten this year. What is a good amount of pants, skirts, shirts, shoes, etc. I just don't want to end up with too little or too much. Also we live in a cold climate so heavy coats are included. Thanks!!

PJWorker

Asked by PJWorker at 3:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in

• get lots of under clothes but 5 outfit would be good get good running shoes and hygiene products for those things and keep them in the car
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• First, check with the school. Make sure there is not any "odd" dress code rules. Our school requires shorts under skirts, and all shorts and skirts have to touch the knees. She is not allowed to show shoulders either. (This is a PUBLIC school) They are not allowed to wear any long strings (like hoodies) or anything that might "catch on the slide"

I would do the mix and match shirts and shorts. You could get 5 pairs of each, that all match each other.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 3:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Check with the school for dress codes, my son's public school district is very strict. The kids can't wear athletic shorts, Heeley's, clothes that are too big or too small. No flip flops. The list is so crazy that parents are asking for uniforms. For Kindergarten I would go with clothes that are easy for the child to get in and out of (potty issues), that are comfortable and allow for a lot of movement. Get clothes that can be mixed and matched. I would get a couple of pairs of shoes too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I live in WI. At this age, wait until it's needed for winter jackets and boots because they grow soo fast. I'd say 7 pairs of pants. (Jeans and Khakis) 1-2 nice outfits. Light jacket. Short and long sleeve tops. Don't be too fancy. My daughter loves hoodies. Layers are great because it might be freezing outside, but sweaty hot inside.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2009