I need help with a runny nose problem....

My daughter has had a cold for a few days now and had a Horrible runny nose lol. It get everywhere and shes constantly wiping her nose and smearing it everywere its gross. it gets stuck on her clothes in her hair on her toys.
Is there anything i can do to help it not be so messy. A Tissue only makes it worse. And nose bubble sucker things i dont know what there called. Those dont seem to work eaither they dont get anything out of her nose.
So any ideas would be appreciated =]

rachelxmichelle

Asked by rachelxmichelle at 9:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is the snot clear or tinted with color at all?
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Its pretty clear, kinda of cloudy white or rarely a little green. Its just really stringy and gooey lol.
    rachelxmichelle

Answer by rachelxmichelle at 9:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• how old is your daughter? my son is 4, and has major allergy issues since he was about 18 months (he explodes with every sneeze)... at about 2, and being exhausted with all the explosions, we started to teaching him to blow his nose... which he does wonderfully (there are some explosions still)...

now, if your baby is still too young to blow her nose (babies are usually capable by a year old), maybe finding the right "snot sucker"... the blue hospital ones are usually the best (the ones in the store rarely ever worked for me)... hold the long sucky part along the outside wall of her nose - inside the nostril of course (this always seem to work best for me)... you will be able to hear the slurping (that's victory!)...

talk with your pediatrican about allergies if the cold doesn't improve... or if there is any coloration to the discharge because it may be a sinus infection (which I suffered tho with my son because of his allergies)... good luck!
    Anonymous

• avoid dairy! get her some tropical fruit like pineapple or mango.. it always helps my lil girl
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• When my daughter has a runny nose I use those saline nasal drops in each nostril to loosen it up and then I use kleenex to wipe it up. I have kleenex boxes everywhere! In the kitchen, in the living room, in the car... the only time it gets messy is when she is in her crib because I can't clean it up and that's when it gets in her hair. Good luck!
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 10:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well my daughter is about 10 months old, she just has a regular cold and its hard to get the sucker thing in her nose cause she wont let me lol. but ill try it i still have an unused one from the hospital, ill try that instead of the store one. But ya it hard to wipe her nose cause of how much she squirms around.
    We were just at her Dr Friday and he said it was just a cold so idk hopefully it will stop running soon Lol. Thanks guys for the help =]
    rachelxmichelle

Answer by rachelxmichelle at 1:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2008