How can I diguise/change the color of grommets on new curtains?

After a 6 month hunt, I found the perfect window treatments for my living room - but the grommets are chrome. All of the accents, including outlet covers to rods in the room are brushed bronze and these grommets really jump out at you. I know you can't change the grommet - so what can I do to disguise that extremely shiny chrome color???? It would break my heart to return them because not only are they exactly what I envisioned, they were also 75% off so I got 8 panels for $120! Thanks!!!!

mcatherine

Asked by mcatherine at 3:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• How about a a metal paint that you put on with a Q-tip or small brush? Maybe you can find something close to your curtains or at least more neutral than what you have.

Answer by Bmat at 3:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You can sew over them with embroidery thread of the color of your choosing.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• pick a metallic paint that matches the rest of your decor and use a super tiny brush and paint them.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 7:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009