You just won 1 million.. Now what?

First thing would be buying my mom's house in Arkansas. Beautiful 3 bedroom 3 bath house on the lake. She wants something smaller. $250k plus 2k to move [we're currently in Wa]. We would be getting new cars. A truck & some type of van. Truck is like $60k & van $25k. Then some would go towards household stuff... new couch, beds, & stuff for our baby due in December. the rest would be saved in a high interest account.

What about you? You have 1 million, what do you do with it?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd buy my mom a new house in the country with plenty of land for the horses, dogs, and cats. Then, I'd hire a maid for myself, my mom, and my grandma. I'd buy my little sister a house and buy her everything she's going to need for the baby she's about to have. I'd hire someone to make my MIL disappear (jk) then buy us a new car and a motorcycle for my husband.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 3:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would buy a house for my family and a house for my big sis and for my hubbys parents my parents have a house and would never move so i would give them about 250,000 and i would buy me a truck and hubby a truck and invest whats left...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would buy a new car for myself, and another for my mom. I would use some for living expenses while I'm in college, and the rest would be put into a savings account.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• THIN THIGHS BABY! Then off to a Disney resort in a tankini to show them off! YEAH BOI!!!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would hire a general contractor and fix up the house that my grandfather built. Well actually, it probably needs razed (termites) and rebuilt, but I would keep it the same as it is now, except for adding one bedroom! (It only has one right now!) Then I would buy a house back home and fix it up. Then I would give my mom and sis and MIl some of it and the set the rest aside for my kids to go to school, mind you I refuse to pay for it completely.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'd get me some land in my hometown (where it's free!) then build me a house, buy cars for me, my mom and my sis, give my mom money to fix up her house, give my sis money to get the heck outta my mom's house and go on a serious shopping spree. Whatever is left will go in the bank for the kiddies.
    Anonymous

• Oh and i'd get a boob job. Don't want them bigger just want them to point up again!!
    Anonymous

• Buy a house. Not here though because after they taxed my winnings I wouldn't be able to afford a house here. So I'd go somewhere random and buy a nice house for a better price.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Pay off bills first off, then buy a house & a couple new vehicles.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• hmm I'd probly pay off my damn student loans first, I hate those things. Then I"d pay off my car, al our other vehicals are paid for. I"d probly buy some gold....depending on what the price is at the time. Now is not really a good time for gold, its was pretty high last I checked but I haven't checked in a while. We just bought a house so we would likely pay that off, but we are buying it from a family member so there is no interest on our payments so maybe I wouldn't. Sadly a million is that much anymore. You can't do as much with it as you use to. I'd probly just put most of it in the bank for the kiddos college
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009