does anyones neck and shoulders hurt frm carrying there toddler?

my son is two and is a huge cuddle bear..and when he wakes up from his nap.. he is very very upset and emotional..so i carry him around the house to calm him down.. here is the thing im 115 pds and he is abt 33pds he is tall.. but my right shoulder is nw bugging me alot.. and im thinking its cause i carry him on my left.. has this happend to anyone else?

thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Still happens to me and mine are 3 1/2 and 2.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 1) you really need to get out of that habit. 2) I would do the same! ;) 3) try shifting sides evenly. Carry on one side, then on the other next nap...or switch every couple minutes!! If you even it out, you will not only strengthen each side equally, you shouldn't have any more pain! Ideally, that is! lol
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 3:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My son is only 7 months old weighing just about 24 lbs and my neck, back and shoulders hurt SO much! I will be glad in one way when he starts walking but not so much b/c he will be into everything.
    Anonymous