Is officer Barrett, who arrested Henry Louis Gates inside his own home, a racist now?

http://www.examiner.com/x-12767-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m7d30-Boston-Officer-Justin-Barrett-apologizes-for-email-with-racial-slur-against-Henry-Louis-Gates

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Looks like Obama was right (as usual) , there's a reason why our president and every black man in America cringed when this story came out.

BECAUSE MANY PUBLIC SERVANTS ARE RACIST AND IT IS SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE
    Anonymous

• Barrett calls Gates a racial slur and in the same breath says "I am not a racist" Uh yea Barrett IMO is a racist.
    Anonymous

• OP- here's the emal:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/justin_barrett_full_email_072909
    Anonymous

• Dude - how many times did he feel the need to use the same degrading obvious racial slur against Prof. Gates and the newspaper in one e-mail message? The fact that he wrote this then purposfully sent it to the paper just proves what apparent low standards the officers are held to. I mean really? It's 2009 and you don't know that you shouldn't say those things? Now he's free to say them in his home or backyard and suffer no consequences; but in public as an officer; yeah he's going to feel public backlash over that - moron.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yeah Barrett is a racist BUT stop misleading with the title he did not arresst Gates he was not even there hellooo
    Anonymous

• Anon 3:40 That's what I thought also. The guy who arrested Gates was Officer Crowley, not Barrett. I agree though that what Barrett said was very racist and I hope he gets fired. My husband works in Law Enforcement and he hates it when ignorant people like this give a bad name to other officers.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• What is this? Yeah he is probably is a racist, before and now. I hadn't even heard abou tthis. Sounds like you think Barrett was the guy who is gong to have a beer with the Prez. It's not. Why the NOW? Were they saying he wasn't? Whatever. This guy really needs some sensitivity training if not suspension and maybe firing depending on his history. If you deserve it you deserve it .Sgt Crowly is not a racist and acted accordingly. If anyone deserves an apology it is he.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• and the neighbor lady who made the call steph as it is Crowleys career is kaput! Thanks to Gates and Obama.The neighbor lady pfft shes going to have rough go herself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• His racist ass should be fired.
    Anonymous