Would you cut your hair bald for a friend or close family member that had cancer?

If a mother, aunt, daughter, etc. had cancer and lost their hair because of treatment would you cut off all of your hair for emotional and physical support for them? You would keep cutting your hair until their hair started to grow back or would you do it temporarily? If you have what is your story..... How did it make you feel if you have or how would you feel about doing that for someone?

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 3:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You bet I would. There are worse things than losing your hair. Someone is fighting for their life and some are worried about a hairstyle.

If you shave your head for someone fighting cancer then yes, you are supposed to keep your hair gone until they go in remission and grow their own back. It shows the fighter that they aren't alone, they aren't the only ones and they don't look like a freak.

My cancer was caught early and I was lucky. If anyone in my family had cancer you bet I would! Take it all! Hair grows back, loved ones don't.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No, I do not supprt chemotherapy.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would. I'd look ridiculous, but i wouldnt care.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No. My mom lost her hair due to chemo and she loved the attention. If I had cut my hair too then she would not have gotten the attention she wanted. It was her time to shine even if it was without hair. As a matter of fact I bought her a jeweled baseball cap. She would wear it until she had an "audience" then she'd remove it just to see the expression on their face. She was so funny. I miss her humor. What I learned with her experience is always find the humor in life. It's there.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes I would. My cousin had breast cancer and luckily her hair didnt fall out, she had a double mastectomy and the cancer is gone now, but if she had lost her hair I would have done anything to show her I supported her. But she prob would have been like admckenzie's mom and would have gloried in it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• As fast as I could get to a barber shop.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my mom has cervical cancer and my sister and I are both letting our hair grow as much as possible.. then when and if she ever does decide to go through chemo and everything she can have 2 different wigs to wear from her two girls.. my hair is more of a strawberry blonde while my sister is more of an ash blonde
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009