When is a good time for baby number 2??

I just had my daughter in feb. so she is 6 months old :) I am just wondering from other peoples experiences when is a good time to go for baby number 2? I want them close in age where they will get along and like each other even though I know that may not happen lol. But I also don't know if I should have the next one too close because I want my daughter to have her time with me and not be too jealous!! Opinions please!! Thank you :)

chloesmommy0208

Asked by chloesmommy0208 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• We were only to have 1 child. DH got the big V Nove 2007. DD#1 was 2 1/2. Well, we didn't quite follow dr's instructions and found out we were preggos w/ #2 Jan 31 2008!!! Our girls are 3 1/2 years apart and it is a perfect spread for us. #1 was already potty trained when we found out we were expecting. #1 loves her little sister so much. They are really beginning to interact w/ eachother and it is amazing to watch that sister bond develop between them. It 's all up to you in the end.
    lyndallsmom

Answer by lyndallsmom at 8:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• wait til shes 2-3 years old before trying for another kid. im 23 and have 2 sisters that are 24 and 21.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I had my son in Dec. 2005, found out I was preg. with DD 6 months in but she was born May 2007. 17 months apart and they absolutly love each other! It was hard at first because he was very jealous. He's quite the momma's boy! But now when I disipline my DD, he tells me to not be mean to his sissy! Too cute.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• DH and I are going to TTC for #2 in the next few months. Our son is 14 months now. Ideally, we would like to be preggo now, but I just had a miscarriage and have to wait 2 months to try again. So when we would start trying again, he'll be about 16 months ... if we get preggo right away, our kids will be a little more than 2 years apart, which is the age gap we're hoping for ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• that is totally up to you!!!!I have 3 boys all about 11/2 yrs. apart and it can be a challenge at times, but it is well worth it to me. I felt rushed because of my age and i have always wanted at least 4 kids. Pretty soon i will have 3 helpers!!!!
    Anonymous

• I would have to say whenever you are you SO feels like it, after all it is your life and both of your decisions. Just as long as you are up for the challenge of mulitple lil ones at tow and under foot, then the more power to yah.
    Anonymous

• My hubby and I started TTC #2 when my duahgter turned 1. She is now almost 3 ( 2years later) and still noting. :(
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We decided to try when my baby is 3 so they'll be close together and it shouldn't be to much work for me since my 8 month old should be more independant at that time.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2009