If a relative or friend stopped speaking to your spouse but always called your for money or something would you give it to them?

If you do not work and you have someone that is always callling you for money or something but they refused to talk to your DH/SO would you go ahead and give it to them eventhough your spouse is the one bring in the financially supporting the household? The relative is related to you. Or vice versa, If your DH/SO relative refused to speak to you and you were supporting the household financially would you want your DH/SO to give them money that you worked hard for and they dont speak to you at all. This person ALWAYS asks for money. This is the person that when you see them call you know that they want something.......

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 4:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO- if your SO-HUSBAND,WIFE is making the money and that family member is asking, but not talking to them, there would be no way,even if its my family--its a disrepect.. I would just say No for the fact of asking for money--not a good idea to enable them--they always come back then. Never lend money you can't afford to lose
    Somma

Answer by Somma at 4:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No i dont believe in giving out money to people who wont help themselves. In the long run they dont learn anything. I also wouldnt do something behind my spouses back. If he is workn hard for the money I wouldnt want to disrespect hm by giving it to someone who he doesnt like or who doesnt like him...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No I wouldn't. I would be angry that someone would pester me for money if they knew I wans't working. It's also a slap in the face to my DH supporting me and me giving our money away to someone who hasn't the decency to get off their butt and work. What would my DH think? That he's working to support us and other people? No, I don't think so. It's disrespecting my husband and I don't stand for that.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'd say I'd have to ask (spouse) since he's the moneymaker. That usually stops that crap. It's not about the not speaking, it's about disrespecting you and your family in general by always asking money from you. That takes away from your family.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It's hard. I wouldn't do it behind my spouse's back for sure. But I'd talk with him about it and abide by whatever the result of the discussion was. In the back of my mind is that the friend or relative may really need the money and that I would want them to feel that in a pinch they could rely on us. Just as if times got rough for me, I'd want to know that I could rely on the relative, especially, I don't think I could bring myself to borrow from a friend.

Answer by Bmat at 4:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't loan money. Period. I will give someone money and if they give it back, great. Loaning money just causes grief.

BUT, I don't give money to just anyone and not on a regular basis. Also, I'd never give money to someone without first talking to dh. Even if he were a SAHD, it's half his money so he should get a say.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If I knew that everytime this person would call they would ask for something, I'd stop answering their calls. The only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If my SO isnt' good enough for them, they aren't good enough to borrow his money.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• NO, Give them no money, don't answer the phone.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009