3 year old to sleep in bed?

I have a 3 year old son that will not stay asleep in his bed! I start out by putting him in the bed and then every night around 2am he comes into my room. I am 6 months pregnant and need to get this issue fixed before the baby gets here! Can I get some pointers on what to do??

kandacecarmical

Asked by kandacecarmical at 4:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just keep putting him back to bed. It sucks for you but it is the only thing that will teach him.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• JENREE33 IS RIGHT IT DOES SUCK BUT IT REALLY WORKS,DONT GIVE UP!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thanks ELIZABETHSMOM! My son still does this! I used to let him sleep with me for a little bit but this just caused a riff with the hubby, so I sucked it up and did this and now he only does it if he gets scared or can't pull up his pants after pottying. My DD can't open her door yet. She has a cast on her arm until Aug 11. We will see what happens after that!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• put a baby gate on their door.... that's what i did bc my son kept getting up after i transitioned him from crib to bed and it really worked
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009