renal colic/kidney infections

Hi, I'm new to Cafemom, so I'm not sure how this all works yet. But I am looking for some support. I'm 38 weeks and I spent the last five days in the hospital with a severe case of renal colic. Has anyone dealt with this during pregnancy? Its basically a kidney infection, its like muscle spasms within my kidney down through my ureter.

Has anyone experience this? I could use some comforting words and support from people who have been there.

thanks. hopefully i can figure out how to check for responses...

kitcatti

Asked by kitcatti at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did not have exactly what you have, but I did have kidney stones throughout my entire pregnancy, starting at 4 months. I had multiple stays in the hospital and had to have stents put in my kidneys. To say that it was horrible is beyond an understatement. I was induced at 38 weeks due to having another kidney stone attack.
    You can pm me if you want to talk at all. Take comfort in knowing that it will all be worth it once you have the baby. I used to tell myself all the time "this too shall pass". It did, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Good luck to you!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 4:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009