Blood in mucus?

I am 38wks pregnant and last night I was having uncomfortable contractions all night long. I woke up this morning and had more of a mucus discharge but this time with a little bit of blood in it. Than I just went to the bathroom a little bit ago and wipe a out a lot of snot like discharge more than normal. It was thick but no blood this time. Is this the bloody show or means labor is any day? I am dilated to1-2 cm and 50 thinned out to. Head at station 0..

Tara04

Asked by Tara04 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that would be your mucus plug sometimes it's bloody sometimes it's not and you should be going into labor anytime between tonight and 4wks from now lol gl
    Anonymous

• That means you lost your mucus plug which also means that its not going to be long. Before you make a mad dash to Labor and Delivery, however, remind yourself that many women do not go into labor for a week or two after this event.
    Good luck!!!
    boxin

Answer by boxin at 4:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i agree with the pp, i've been slowly losing my mucus plug for about a week and i've been 2cm dilated for a week and am 50% effaced & his head is at station 0 too, GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009