mirena

does anyone know if you can use this birth control while you are breastfeeding? It is the kind that the doctor puts in and it is good for 5 years, but it is removeable if you decide to have another baby.

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 4:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you can have it in while breastfeeding.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm actually NAK right now and I've had it in for a while;.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes, yes! i have it and am still breastfeeding my 13 mo old!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my OB said it was okay, but she let me know another option that in nonhormonal which is paraguard. You can get info from your OB or compare on-line as well. Paraguard is good for 10yrs. I had my IUD taken out because i am trying to condieve again!!!
    Anonymous

• yes you can its mirena i have it now and have had it since my daughter was 6 weeks.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes you can use it while breastfeeding, and yes it is the 5 yr one... I have it and I love evrything about it! Hope th is helpful to you!
    LRENAE24

Answer by LRENAE24 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yep its ok to use BUT theres no way of knowing for sure if you are sensitive to hormones and it will mess with supply....but the Paragard last 10 years, has less side effects, and has no hormones....I have had 2 and then had them each removed after 2 years to get preggrs again...it took 4 days the first time, I've only had 2 days so far after this one so we'll see
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009