I do not think my baby is developing like she should I am very worried need any ideas or suggestions?

My almost 7 month old seems like she is not developing like other babies. She is about 7 months she doesnt sit up yet she doesnt roll doesnt stand or use her legs at all. It doesn not bother me because she is my baby and nomatter what I will love her unconditionally but my mom keeps bringing up she shoul do this should do that bla bla. But I think maybe it is just her personality I think she is very healthy and has never had any problems. She grabbs toys like a pro and has sense 6 months and she laughs smiles and interacts very well just seems like the standing and supporting herself has not progressed. Should I be worried? Or will she just catch up?

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 4:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son didn't sit on his own til he was 6.5 months, so he wasn't to far off from where you daughter is. And now at 9 months ( well he will be next week) he still doesn't roll. I know he CAN he just doesn't. He also hasn't crawled yet. I'm sure your daughter is fine. Maybe you just have a lazy baby like I do :) As long as your giving her the opportunity to learn, she will.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• if you are worried you could discuss the issue w/ her pediatritian. But having a deveopmentally delayed child myself, it sounds like she just has a laid back personality to me. I would not be too worried because every child dev. differently. You need not compare your baby to others. I don't think it is healthy. I have 3 boys and ea. one developed at different rates. My middle son was born w/ Down Syndrome so he is devel. delayed but is catching up with his peers fast!! He is now almost 3 and is doing fine. I love him unconditionally. as i do both of my other sons.
    hope this helps
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would bring it up with her pediatrician if it doesn't seem right to you. I have a friend who's baby sounds very much like yours and they said he has low muscle tone. He is otherwise normal but behind in the gross motor skill and in physical therapy now to help him catch up.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i would check with your pediatrician. soundsl ike she isnt doing much of anything yet. most bbies roll over by 3-4 months sit up by your daughters age and crawl ... do you give her the opportunity to do these things though? Babies will not learn and will not develope if not given the opportunity to.
    im not saying you dont, just trying to get more info.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes I always incourage my daughter and try to help her I work with her all the time but she just doesnt seem to do anything she can roll over though she just doesnt like to but put her on her belly and she will be back on her back in a second lol
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 9:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009