• In the Spotlight:

Freelance writers

I had once read that there was a SAHM on here that was a freelance writer, what exactly do you do? How did you get started? I seen a website gofreelance.com I just wonder about it? Is it legit?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are several freelance writers in one of my networking groups. Typically they have a strong portfolio of work, and find project through Linkedin and Sologig. And they have excellent grammar.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• There are many opportunities for freelancing in "internet land".  I have compiled a list of various jobs, including freelance blogging and such and seperated them into Paypal paying jobs and other means of payment type jobs.   You can check them all out in my Blog:

Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Everyone has to start somewhere! Excellent grammar...hmmm, more like excellent sentence structure. I love to write. depending upon what Im writing, to whom im writing will depend upon how I say something. On Cafemom, texting, friends, some emails...I let it go "casual" & relaxed. I dont always watch my perfect sentencing. Some stories you write is suppost to be influence on an accent that you have to create so that has to flow into the spelling, sentence structure and especially in to the grammar. Let your writing technique reflect what your trying to communicate. To me thats what I concentrate on..communicating, building enjoyment for my audiance to enjoy..& not feel like its a textbook...unless its a textbook. LOL!
    eHow.com, Suite101.com. Blogging can be easy or tough, you can find Utube instructions on how to blog if you dont know how. Dont be intimidated...again you gotta start somewhere! Right?
    Try it...it cant hurt!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009