As A Parent, would you be annoyed if another parent asked you this?

Since its less than a month before my 7yr old starts 2nd grade, I've been worried about this....you see my little boy was diagnosed with a life threatening allergy to nuts when he was five. Any ammount of exposure even the slightest could be deadly. I've had problems with the school in the past, and eventually they banned nut products in meals served at the school, but that doesn't include what other parents sent to school with thier children.

Would you be annoyed if you recieved a parent letter asking not to send nut products for classroom snacks, knowing a child in the class has a severe allergy?

mandy0510

Asked by mandy0510 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• For OP I think that any mom with a heart will understand that the life of a child is at stake and it isn't that much of a sacrifice to refrain from sending nut products to school. My son's school is a peanut free facility and I have no problem with it because I know that it is helping a child (I don't care what child) to benefit from going to school.

To the few bitches out there who dared to even suggest you to keep your child home/ home school him/ don't make your problem my problem kind of response, How unbelievable stupid, self centered and cold heart to want to sacrifice all the benefits a child can receive from integration and socialization with peers so that your lazy ass don't be bothered.

Mama, seems like you are doing everything you can for your child, don't concern yourself with what others will feel or think, you do have your hands full with your son's condition, so keep him safe and I hope he improves.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• no, i wouldn't be offended it's what's best for the child at risk, it would be dumb to get offended by a mom trying to protect her child
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Of course not!!! If I can participate in anything that will ensure the safety of another child, well then I'm happy to do it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Nope not at all. I would gladly help keep a kid safe. If it included not sending something that could be life threatening to another kid, I would happily comply.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No way would I be offended....It's just some parent trying to protect their little angel/child. I respect them for that.
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 5:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• no Your childs life is more important than peanuts
    worried546

Answer by worried546 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Not at all, in fact, at my kid's preschool there are kids with allergies, so they ask if you bring anything with nuts in it to sign a sheet so they know....I just don't send anything with nuts at all I have no problem with it. If my child was the one allergic I would hope everyone would be as understanding.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Not at all. In fact I have one of those kids.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• mabey you should pack his own lunches, snacks to make sure nothing hurts him? I would be so paranoid cause you dont know what food gets mixed with what or if a child does give him something that had nuts.
    worried546

Answer by worried546 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would be not be annoyed at all to get this notice. I still think the teachers should check because if you are not used to worrying about it everyday, it would be easy to forget but I think it is a great start! Nut allergies are very dangerous even just breathing it in if the kid next to them is eating it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009