my DD hates me...

ok my 8 month old hates me i think.. she clings to her daddy when he gets home after work.. and during the day wont cuddle with me but cuddles with him, i had post pardom really bad and didnt want to be around her much at first(feel horrid bout it now) well i snapped at her alot and i dont now i got help and fixed me, but i feel bad like maybe she holds that against me now.. and idk what i can do to fix that! cause i want her to be happy with me as well

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hang in there girl,in due time she will come around.
    Anonymous

• she is still young just take it as a fresh start and get to know her. She may jsut not be as bonded to you and it will take time but it is by no means too late. It is great that you got help and are better so fast she will warm up to you!!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ITS NEVER TO LATE AND SHE DOESN'T HATE YOU,WHEN HER DADDY COMES HOME SHE'S PROLLY HAPPY TO SEE HIM BECAUSE SHE HASN'T SEEN HIM ALL DAY AND SHE NEEDS A BREAK FROM MOMMY FOR A LIL BIT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My daughter and I didn't have a chance to bond at birth. We were together for about 8 hours when they took her away to check her and never brought her back, saying she was retracting and had to stay in the NICU. My blood pressure was still sky high so right away they put me on a drip that restricted me to my bed for what was supposed to only be 24 hours and ended up being 32. Once I was able to get up I spent a lot of time with her in the NICU but by then she had bonded closely with my mom, who stayed with us the entire 5 days. She was and still is very close to my mom, but now that she is older we have a very strong bond. Sometimes hospitals and post partum conditions really hinder your relationships, but if you are no longer experiencing symptoms you can work on your bond now. She's probably just happy to see daddy when he gets home :).. btw my daughter cuddles with my mom more than me, too lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My kids have gone through so many phases where they prefer one parent over the other. My boys have all gone through it and even my daughter who is only 4 months. She was really clingy to me when I was nursing. It broke my heart when I had to stop and she suddenly wanted only him so I thought for sure she was mad at me for stopping nursing. Give her time. She'll go back to you again. But I've also heard that little girls are always more attached to their daddy.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009