Does the constant on and off bleeding that comes with the IUD when you first get it put in worth it? When will it stop?!

laura7485

Asked by laura7485 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• I think its very worth it! I think mine lasted a couple of months maybe, but it's been two years now and I hardly ever get anything anymore. I love it! Just hang in there. Try to give it a chance.
    amoremio

Answer by amoremio at 4:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Hi, I have had the IUD for 3 months now...so far its going good. My first period I had with it lasted 2 weeks. My 2nd period has lasted about 5 days and both was very light bleeding. Yes, it is worth it to me because you don't have to worry about other birth controls. They say you go down to just 1 day periods after 4 to 6 months anyways. So I am going to wait it out and see. I have posted a journal note on my page about it if you care to read it. Good luck!
    wandep

Answer by wandep at 4:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I had some spotting for about a week afterwards and none since. I have had mine for over a month now. Sorry Laura lol
    Randi02

Answer by Randi02 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have had my IUD for over a year! I have not leed in 10 months. This is the 2nd time I have had it. It is well worth it!!!
    KANDIERAIN

Answer by KANDIERAIN at 5:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I just got my IUD put in about 2 weeks ago and I had a little cramping and a little bleeding for like 2 days but nothing too bad...then I got my period a week later (but it was due anyways), otherwise everything seems as normal as it was before I had the IUD...I love it...I don't feel it and don't have to take pills everyday....and it lasts for 5 years!
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I know it's frustrating but hang in there. When I first had mine put in 2yrs ago I had spotting on & off for weeks! Now I don't even have a period anymore! It's soooo worth it =)
    karen704

Answer by karen704 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008