how many of you have husbands that work away from home?

home alone

barbarmama

Asked by barbarmama at 9:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I do and sometimes it is ok but other times it really sucks. He works a lot in Wyoming( where we are originally from) and other surrounding states around here, like IN, KY, MO he is never at home anymore but I guess that what it takes to chase that all mighty dollar in order for me to be in school full time.
    NeisenChloesMom

Answer by NeisenChloesMom at 9:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My Dh has some long days but most of the time he is home early. His office is hear at the house though and he is always getting work emails and calls. It drives me nuts. But glad he is home alot.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Hubby is currently in Iraq.... :)
    iatethebrownie

Answer by iatethebrownie at 2:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My husband is currently working on a project that takes him out of town during the week. He is always home on the weekends but it is a hard adjustment and my 20 month old is having some anxiety over it. It definately gives me lots of respect for single moms. I really don't know how they do it on their own.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 6:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My hubby is an over the road truck driver and he is gone for about 2 weeks and home for maybe two nights. It gets really lonely around the house with him gone. The boys really miss him and are always asking when is daddy coming home. It takes a real toll on our relationship. At times I feel like a single wife, but I love him with everything I have in me and I deal with it one day or night at a time.
    butterfly0001

Answer by butterfly0001 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My hubby is a OTR truck driver and is only home 5-6 times a year and that includes holidays, I hate it.
    Beverely

Answer by Beverely at 6:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My hubby is an OTR trucker and he's gone most times 2 weeks at a time, but since starting with this new company he's been gone a month. Thankfully things are looking up where I can go with him when he comes in next week. I too give single mom's alot of credit because in a way those of us with OTR trucker's are the same way.
    MzDiamond_Doll

Answer by MzDiamond_Doll at 11:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My hubby works pipeline construction and is gone for months at a time. We have a 6 month old girl and most days it really does feel like I am a single mom. Thankfully his job pays well enough that it will allow me to continue to stay home with her once muy mat leave is over - I guess that is a plus side to it all. Gives me lots of respect for the mommies out there doing it on their own with no spousal support
    softbreeze

Answer by softbreeze at 11:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2009