what motivates you to clean?

I will clean and clean for a day then do nothing the rest of the week (aside from the dishes every two or three days... whenever we run out of clean ones) my house looks like the ones on clean sweep most of the time... I always tell myself I'm going to clean and keep it that way but then never do. I just don't seem to have the motivation... HELP!!!! how do you stay motivated to clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• blasting music :) or, when i know i MIGHT get company i will clean, whether i do or not get company..maybe invite friends/family to stop by whenever..it will be in the back of your head..lol..just an idea..g/l
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think about something that frustrates me lol it's the best motivation... work out or clean!! Especially giving stuff away and chunking stuff - that makes everything so much better!! When something frustrates you - clean lol I promise... it works!
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 5:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I dont like my DD playing in a dirty house and I also dont like being embarrased when people just pop by so I clean everyday and it is alot easier to clean a little each day than spend hours cleaning one day a week.
    Anonymous

• I always think of the possibility of someone coming by without calling!
    Anonymous

• i have to clean since I run a home childcare, but when im pissed i really clean!!
    Anonymous

• MIL visit gets me to cleaning
    she is not coming over today
    the house is messy
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Having no dishes to cook with or eat on. I clean when I am really pissed off and throw a lot of things away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My nagging mother motivates me to clean lol
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 5:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• PRIDE! It's just disgusting when parents don't care what kind of house their kids live in. It's a health factor and a pride factor for me. I'm a mom of 2 and one of my kids being a newborn & the other a 7-1/2 yr. old who doesn't like to clean, and yes, our house may get messy sometimes. Our biggest problem is that we used to live in military housing and we had a ton of space and storage room, and now we are out of the military and living in a very small apt., so our problem is just finding space for everything. Our house stays clean though. Going several days without washing dishes...that's just nasty. Heck, I bleach my sink everytime I prepare to wash dishes. Not cleaning the sink before washing dishes is just gross in itself.
    Anonymous

• Honestly? Love. My husband is a 'actions over words' kinda person. So for him a clean house is a sign like a sign that I love him, I'm taking the time out of my day to make a happy clean house for him to come home to. I like knowing that. I can tell him 100 times a day I love him, or do one simple thing like keep a clean house, and prove it to him.
    Anonymous