Supposed to start the pill today, but did the dirty with no protection, should I wait to start?

I was supposed to start taking the mini pill today but last night DH 'forgot' to pull out..sooo my question is, do I wait until I start my period/can take a HPT or start taking it now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go ahead and start but if your period is late, take a test. If the test is positive, stop the birth control immediately.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• when was your last period?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'd be afraid to start the pill. If you are pregnant, it would be an extremely vulnerable time for the baby. Call the doctor and check, but I am thinking better be safe and not risk it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She said she was supposed to start it. Most doctors tell you to start right after your period. So, if she just had her period, she most likely is not pregnant.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Normally you start the pill the day after your period ends, and take a HPT before you start, just in case---which is what my Dr told me to do.

I think it's safer to wait for your period to start the pill.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Even if it was possible for you to have gotten pregnant that one time, there is no harm done to the baby if you take the pill.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would start taking the pills, the likelihood of ovulating right after starting your period is pretty low.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• wsell if you start to take the pill your period is gonna extend the length of the 28 pills until you get to the placebo.

ex: you have ur period on the 1st of July, and every month before
    you start the pill today
    you will not get your period until about 25-31 of August and you will miss your period on the 1st of August because the placebo

so either way ur period will be off unless you had your period like yesterday.

so what I would personally do is wait until I got my period and as soon as it stops I would start so I would know for sure if I ws preg or not and if not my periods will still be the same
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009