For those celebrating Lughnasadh...your plans?

What are some ways you'll be celebrating it this year? For those who aren't familiar with Lughnasadh, it's a Celtic harvest festival that's celebrated by Pagans of many different traditions at the beginning of August.

This year I'll be decorating the altar and having some type of gratitude ritual, as usual. Not sure what I'll be making for dinner yet, but a picnic would be great if the weather stays sunny.

AnamCara1

Asked by AnamCara1 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• OMGoddess...! I am sooo bad here... with our busy scheduling of late I totally forgot... I was planning on doing a Full Moon meditiation for the Corn Moon Wedneday, but I so forgot about Lughnasadh coming on Sat....ok ... I will put something simple together to celebrate...
    Thank you AnamCara for the reminder... *smiles*
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I work 3rd shift on friday adn saturday but I am planning on putting out my late summer besom and making an offering to the lord and lady. Im finishing up using the preserves I made from last years harvest time and am looking forward to autumn. This is such a hectic time of year for everyone so this holiday isn't our biggests. we just make our offerings nad say our blessings and light candles. BB~MM
    majikalmomma

Answer by majikalmomma at 5:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• LOL, gmasboy...don't worry, I almost forgot too; this summer is just flying by for me. You're right majikalmomma, this is a hectic time and Lughnasadh normally isn't a big one for us either. The big fesitivals for me are usually Samhain and Beltaine.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• same boat here as majikalmomma....Things are really nuts, so something small just myself my SO and the kiddo.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i actually totally forgot as well!!! I didn't realize it was here already, but I am actually having a huge party saturday night so i wil be spending it outside with good friends and family!!!
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 7:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Celebrating my birthday (Sunday). And a cookout on Saturday.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Is it a specific day or a longer festival? Just curious, I'm a Christian but always interested in other stuff.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You know I'm not sure. I was thinking about it a week or so ago and I sort of forgot until now. We'll have to see what the weather does. I guess I'll plan for indoors though since it's been very chilly and rainy the past few days. I think I'll plan on making some boxty and bannock and I'm not sure what else yet. I guess it depends on what I feel like doing. If the weather is nice we'll do something outside and of course I'll say blessings, and light candles, etc. It's not a big deal for us either, but the kids like some of the traditional Irish-Scottish foods so I try to make a little something in honor of our heritage.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I may be going to a ren faire that weekend. My friends are not sure when they are going. I will probably make boxty at least. We will at least say blessings and lighting candles.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Teamquinn here is a link for you to read ... Lughnasadh

There are many other sites, but this is just a simple version...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009