would it be wrong of me?

my fiance doesn't do anything to help me clean... I'm at the point I throw all his stuff in boxes but now those boxes are taking over the bedroom (we don't have any storage and can't afford a storage unit) would it be wrong of me to throw some of those boxes away? I mean he doesn't even look through them...he wouldn't know what he "lost."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes it would be wrong. How about if you bring out one box a day and ask him to decide whether to keep or toss. If he doesn't care, then toss or donate?

Answer by Bmat at 5:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• once all of his stuff is packed i would tell him to get out or go through the damn boxes lol i use to have this problem and then i found a new man... the new fights with me when he has been at work all day and ive been home because after dinner he wants me to sit and relax and for him to clean up lmfao how many men argue with you to sit down while they clean lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Well, if you were the same way and he threw out all of your stuff one day without asking if you wanted it would it bother you? That is the question you need to ask yourself. I'd suggest on a weekend day, the both of you going through it and letting him decide what he does and doesn't want.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It would be wrong of you to throw it out without atleast asking him to go thru it or if there's anything in there that he can't live without.
    If my hubby threw away anything of mine I'd be all kinds of pissed off. There's scraps of paper that might look like trash to someone else, but they're important to me (quick notes from long long ago from people I cared about), pictures etc that are not replacable.
    Ask him to go thru it and if he doesn't want to, then you go thru it and if there's any resemblance to something sentimental, keep it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• God mines the same way...he has so many t shirts boxers socks ect that he hasn't worn in a year. They don't even fit in the drawers anymore! I have 4 drawers total and he has 7! I say throw it out if he hasn't worn it in a year. Thats what I'm about to do and I have complained about it and he still doesn't care so screw it. Going to Goodwill! I think you should say "hey I'm going through old clothes and these aren't being used and it is crowding our house, so can you help me sort through them so we can give them to people that really need these things?" If he doesnt do anything by 2 weeks I would just do it myself. :) Ridiculous
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes it would be wrong. What if he did that with your stuff?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009