How Should You Answer "Why Should I Hire You?" in a Job Interview????

Thx for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Before going to the interview you should have conducted as much research about the company--what they do, what their financial goals and objectives are, why you think they need to fill this position, etc.

Then tell your interviewer that YOU are the solution to their problem...and go on to explain how your knowledge and expertise will help this company meet it's goals and objectives.

Good Luck! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Tell them your assets and how can you better the company.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 5:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "Because i want to pay my freakin Rent and bills. Why the hell do you think i want this crappy job for,to build up your company, no I dont give a sh*t about this company I just want the money."
    Anonymous

• *snickers* at anon 3:52
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've interviewed 100's of thousands of people. Can you give me an idea of the type of job your applying for? Your answer should reflect qualities that you posses, that would make you succeed in that position.

Oh and saying "Because I need a job" Or "I need to pay rent" is a terrible answer.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Though I'm aware we are in a competetive world, I wouldn't be here had I not thought I could use my skills and qualifications to your company. Gift of gab plays a huge role here cuz they don't always ask it in those precise words. Something along those lines.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• LoriKeet gave an excellent answer.

I hate that question. That is why I never ask it when I interview prospective employees. I already know the answer to it. Bottom line, they need a job. I have other questions that I think are more helpful to me.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My stock answer is "Because I'm very good at what I do." If they ask me to elaborate, I tell them about all the ways I increased profits and reduced overhead at my previous jobs.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009