Worried about my sister!!

I have a sister that is 16 going on 17 years old in a few months. She lives with my dad and I dont think she is safe anymore. She has been talking to this boy online for almost 4 years now and as far as I know never met him. My dad and grandmother lets her do and go with her friends whereever she wants within reason. Just the other day I found out that she snuck out of the house with a friend in the middle of the night and did not return home until almost 4am!! nobody knows where she went with her female friend but she is in trouble ofcourse I am worried it has to do with the boy she is talking to online. What might happen next time if she sneeks out of the house?? What adivse can I offer them, or should I talk to my sister about it. I don't want to make it worse. What should I do??? Should I get involved? I can't do much since I am 400 miles away but I want to make sure she is safe!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• talk to her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Stay out of it, let her father take care of her. It is his responsibility to raise her, not yours. You could talk to her and be there for when she needs someone, because eventually she will need you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You could try talking to your sister about your concern for her saftey. When my step sister went through an out of control phase my dad and step-mother were at their wits end, fortunatley I was in my 20's so not old enough to be motherly and had my own phase not long before also helped that some of the guys she was partying with were DH's nephews. Anyway after hearing stories of one of her nights of partying I walked up to her and said "hey sl@t" and she just said "WHAT!?" then I told her what I had heard she did and when she realized what was being said about her and that she could not remember it she was scared. About a year later parents were having a hard time with her and AIM (not set private), she put her cell # in away message, DH called her in a really creepy voice left a message that scared the shyt out of her saying he was glad he had her # now and how he saw her at a place she left she was going to. Helped her a bit
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• stay out of it. I told my dad that my 13 year old sister is sneeking out of her window at night and she found out that i told him. She hasnt talked to me in 3 years because of that. I did it to protect her but she didnt see it that way. She is old enough to know what she is doing and the position she is puting herself in. Its all part of growing up. I did that when i was her age also. If you honestly feel you have to say something tell your parents that you have a bad feeling and to have then check on her durring the night. This way if they start checking on her she will get cought the first time they check on her and she wont sneek out like that anymore.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009