• In the Spotlight:

do you think this is a good idea?

My mom threw me a baby shower this past Saturday and I got a TON of clothes, and a few practical gifts but for the most part clothes. I do not need anymore clothes now, I need things like crib sheets, sheet savers, diapers (dif. sizes i have over 200 of the nb size :/), and bottles and stuff.

My boyfriend's family is planning another shower for me in September and I really want to make sure that I don't get anymore clothes and that I get the things I really need. His cousin suggested asking for money and gift cards only...

Do you think this is a good idea? I don't want to come off rude by saying that or have someone get the wrong idea. What do you think?

javila

Asked by javila at 5:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont think it would be rude at all....did you register anywhere?? Just tell them in the invite to please go off your registry because those are the things most needed at the time...
    AmoresMommy

Answer by AmoresMommy at 5:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• how about putting on the invites "please don't buy any baby clothes" or something like that, that way ppl still get to choose what they want to get you and you don't get any clothes. I don't think it would offend, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone by accident.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yeah I'm registered at babies r us and with the last baby shower I asked that everyone please stick to the registry and hardly anyone did....I want to avoid that this time! I understand people want to buy the cute little outfits and stuff but I just need the other stuff now lol
    javila

Answer by javila at 5:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When I set up my registry for my baby shower in August, I stated that I did not need any clothing or big furniture.
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would state on the invitations that I didn't need any more clothes, furniture, etc whatever you want to put. A lot of people (especially the ones who don't have young kids) don't know what to get for a shower, and clothes are a good fall-back item. I know before I got pregnant I was at a loss as to what to get for a baby shower, and always felt anxiety about getting something stupid lol.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You can always return anything you feel you wont need or wont use. Just return those things and exchange them for things you do need.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Ask for gift recipts that way you can return them and get store credits but not hurt anyones feelings
    Mommy2B12009

Answer by Mommy2B12009 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009