How did you all find a part-time job?

Since money around the household is getting tighter each day,

I'd like to make some extra income for my family.

I live in beautiful Colorado, and it's not that easy to find a job these days.

I wanted to ask moms with part-time jobs, how did you all

find your jobs? Give me some good ideas&advices.

It would be great!

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't have a "job" I have my own Business with Ameriplan however I work it VERY PT while my 1yr old naps.
    The company is amazing and provides discount benefit plans from Dental and Health all the way to now Legal and Financial services with Roadside assistance and Discounts at tons of retailers nationwide.
    I really wanted to be with a company that I could Enjoy what they were offering and with Ameriplan I get to help people SAVE and MAKE money so it works well for me.
    They do offer us Daily Pay-Benefits-Training and Support-5 websites that are managed for us and lots more
    We don't cold call or telemarket and there is no selling involved. I would love to see if this could help you out and bring in some income for you :) You can look over my website www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis and you can always shoot me an email at ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com
    Good Luck and God Bless!!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 5:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I make most of my money selling on eBay.    However, I do write articles on the side.   I have created a series of Work at Home Articles that might help you find something.   You can view this list in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I walked into the store and filled out an application. They called me in for an interview and I told them which hours I was available.
    Anonymous

• OK that was not much help to her now was it???? Why is is that people enjoy being sarcastic when there is someone stepping out to ask for advice???
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 6:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Hey I am in Colorado too! There are a lot of building management companies that hire people to clean vaccant offices and apartment buildings.

Have you tried Craigslist?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I once worked for Ameriplan also, but I spent more money on the company than I ever made from it. I am An Avon eRepresentative now and Sales Leader. I do it all on the Computer, and it's parttime, full time or anytime. Depends on how much you work and how determined you are to move up the ladder to success.
    I'd love to help you find a District Manager in your area if you're interested. The most money comes from signing on new Recruits, and that is really easier than you may think. My website is below if you're interested.
    www.youravon.com/dbulger
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I made my own. You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When I am running errands, or everyday driving I look for hiring signs in windows. That usually means they are desperate for someone and they will hire u right away. I applied at a pizza place and now I'm a delivery driver. It's perfect cuz I dont have to work alot of hours and I get some money in tips everyday. Look at restaurants for server positions. Don't be too proud to take just anything.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• hello my name is brittany.. i KNOW in this CRAAAZZZY economy times are hard!! especially with money.. thats why i started working from home.. best thing!!! :) if u r interested in it leave me a message n ill tell ya more about it..:)
    brae1542

Answer by brae1542 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do. It's easy, and everyone LOVES it. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to help.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009