Still sleeping in Mommy & Daddy's Bed

My daughter will be 2 in Sept... She never slept in our bed until she turned 1...she has always been so terrified of her crib..so she slept in a bassient until 1...now we have broke her crib down to a toddler bed and she still wont sleep in it either...she screams bloody murder evertime she has to get on her bed..i've even tried putting it right next to my bed so she knows mommy is still there...how do i get her to feel comfortable sleeping in her own bed?? If I can conquer this I know I can shortly get her off the paci also...just not sure which one to do next...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Click on the article about how to put a child to bed without tears on this link   http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I know money might be tight but have you considered getting her a character toddle bed that she can pick out herself?
    TiphaniMommy

Answer by TiphaniMommy at 6:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• WOW great site....and no I never thought of letting her pick out a bed of her own...that might be a good idea...she really loves Dora...I'll have to take her this weekend and see if we can find one..Thank you both for your help...it is greatly appreciated!
    Anonymous

• I wish I could give you some adice. But I cant seem to get my son out of our bed either! Its so frustrating. We tried. But he would wake up in the night screaming something about monsters being scary! No matter what we do he ends up back in our bed. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND A WAY! lol
    Gavsmama06

Answer by Gavsmama06 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I am going through the same issue with my now 2 year old! We took her ninny (paci) away a week before she turned 2. Ever since then she has been in my bed!! AHHH, it drives me crazzzy. Her crib has been broken down to her toddler bed for quite a while now and she never had problems until we took the ninny away. My best advice would be to first take away her paci, b/c that is going to be a big "comfort" issue. Once she is over having it being gone then move on to getting her in her own bed. I haven't quite figured out that part yet. I just recently started putting my daughter in her pack and play in my room, b/c having her in my bed at night is terrible, she keeps me up. She is ok sleeping in it for awhile. Good Luck.
    mom2pres

Answer by mom2pres at 11:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009