anyone else have this happen?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and EVERYONE keeps saying they think I'm further along or asking if I'm having twins. My belly is very big, even I feel like it's bigger than it should but it's driving me crazy!

I was at the store today and this women came up and said "awh when are you due?" and I told her "October 2nd" and she gave me a weird look and said "twins?" and I was like "no....just one little girl" and she said "I don't think you are going to make it to october 2nd!"

Same thing with a guy in the neighborhood, he doesn't believe I'm due October 2nd. He says I'm gonna pop any day.

My whole family feels the same way.

I was thinking I was pregnant the month before I got a positive...but I don't know! Anyone else have people saying that to you all the time??

javila

Asked by javila at 5:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A lot of people are telling me im having twins when its just one little boy. I have had several women comment on the fact that they cant believe im due in September. Though I honestly dont think I look that big.
    DueOnSept23

Answer by DueOnSept23 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Everyone carries different. Sounds like you carry similar to the way I do, all out front. Because of that I look HUGE, and got many of those comments myself (and expecting this time around too). That is when you just smile and say, we know our dates/ how many we are having, thanks for asking.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 6:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Sometimes when you are smaller or have a smaller build people think that you are farther along then u are. Doctors are really good at seeing how far along you are when they see the baby. It is normal though, it happened to me also. People thought i was going to pop any day when I was 35 weeks and It drove me crazy until I had the baby cause I was so ready to have him. Best wishes!!
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes, it's really annoying. I just smile and walk away. I think it's because I'm a small person, and I'm ALL baby, so I look small with a huge tummy. I'm sorry that happens to you, I know how AHHH it can make you.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 6:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yeah i dont rely on due dates really they can be off 2wks either way people thought i was way bigger then i should be at 6 months i honestly dont think i look that big but i dont let their comments get to me i just go on with my day!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 6:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i knw it's very annoying but try an relax, cause with both of my pregnancies people kept telling me how big i was and it bothered me so much. so remember ur pregnant and beautiful and as long as ur baby is healthy then forget about anything else
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I get that alot too....I go into a store and people are like your ready to pop aren't you! And I just look at them and say 5 more weeks. They always ask if I am having twins. I am only having one boy! Like someone above said everyone carries different and it doesn't matter what other people think. All that matters is how you feel!
    Randa09

Answer by Randa09 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Oh my god, everyone said that to me. Even the custodian who worked at my school!!! People in the mall COULD NOT EVEN controll themselves... they had to ask if there was twins.

I didn't care, I loved how big I was.

And my baby was born late!!

(Sometimes I would humor myself and tell strangers I was having triplets)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• lol, don't worry. if you didn't have a huge belly they would say that you're too small and should eat more, blah blah blah. people just always have to say something lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009