How many times have you heard of people who were just about to retire, or had been saving all their lives, but died right before they got to enjoy it?

It happens all the time. I don't want that to be my life story...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yep, but I also want to be prepared for retirement and can afford to still enjoy life when I'm at that point. If I die and leave money for my kids, so be it. I'd rather save and not count on the fact I'll be dead when the time comes to retire.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Not often. Most everyone I know has saved for their retirement but still have been "living it up" and enjoying themselves -traveling, seeing plays, having a nice house,etc. I guess it depends on where you have worked and how much money you have saved.
    Anonymous

• Too often, that is why I decided to start a home business so I can enjoy the money now and still have money to save for later.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We hear about it alot. At the company my husband works for they joke that no one can ever retire because those that do die right afterwards.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm determined not to be one of those, thats is why I work from home.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My aunt,my uncle,my two cousins all retired all of them retired at 50 or 55yrs of age.my uncles are 80 and enjoying life and my cousins enjoying life and all their retirement.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 11:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009