breast feeding mommys, any good books to help me 4 when it comes time?

I'm only 33 weeks but I plan on exclusively breastfeeding, I was wondering what are some books that were genuinely HELPFUL with breastfeeding. Or the biggest tips that helped or something. I want to start reading up on breast feeding now so I can be prepared to do my very best on it. Thank you!!

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 6:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kellymom.com is a great resource and FREE. I never read a single book about BF and successful BF three babies, but not everyone is so fortunate. You can start going to LLL now and getting a good BF support system going. Goodluck!
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 6:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding by The La Leche League is a good all round breastfeeding bible.
    I agree with the PP, you can go and visit your local LLL group, they will be really supportive, and you might find some women who are also just about to have their babies.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• SO thats what they are there for...not sure the author
    If you are going to work Working mother, nursing mother not sure the author

IGNORE the what to expect books..they are stupid even mention weaning in the 9 month section and say that BFing past 12 months has no nutritional value
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• So That's What They Are There For

great one
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Don't read! I read every book I could get my hands on when I was preggers. To read about bf'ing before you actually do is confusing and scary. All the books talk about the problems you'll have and go into details that won't make a lot of sense to you until you do it. I suggest just trying it out first at the hospital and using the lactation consultants while you're there. Read only if you have problems.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I mean don't read about breastfeeding before you do it. Just to clarify. Of course you can read!
    danielp