Biting

Help my 21mo old twins are hurtung each other... or more the oldest is biting the younge one,,, poor kid has bruise bites all over him how do i get him to stop i bit him once he didn't ike it but thought of it more as a joke and then today i was so mad because he practiclly broke the skin that i spanked him and put him in time out and after told him biting was not o.k. and thats it's bad he's o.k. for a bit then gets fustrated and bites again! what do i do?

mirit.rose

Asked by mirit.rose at 6:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he bites out of frustration you just need to watch him and stop it before it starts. I know easier said then done. But if that is the case you should be able to see it coming. When I worked in daycare I had a child that bit non stop but for no reason. It would be worse at different times, which at those times he was normally teething. We (parents and daycare) let him keep his pacifier longer than the kids normally do at daycare because he bit less when something was always in his mouth. But I did have to shadow him like a hawk (especially since he bit w/o warning). Good luck, but know that it is normal for some kids to bite. It doesn't mean he is a bad kid. Some just go through this phase and he will outgrow it. But until he does you need to pick what you are going to do (time out or whatever) when it happens and be consistent.
    Anonymous

• first he never took a pacifer. and he does do it out of fustration that i understand he's smart he won't dare do it in front of me , i've learned to keep em apart
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009