I'm having very "light" contractions when I carry my daughter for a few minutes. Is this normal in subsequent pregnancies?

I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my second child. My oldest is 26 months and weighs about 23 lbs.

I just noticed this phenomenon today.

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 6:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure but try drinking more water. My doc said contractions in pregnancy before 36 weeks usually means you're dehydrated.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 6:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• and you don't need to pick her up, i know it's hard b/c my dd wants me to hold her alot and she's 40 lbs
    Anonymous

• I had that problem in the beginning. I would talk to your doctor. My doc told me not to pick my DD up as much for the first few months. Or if I do pick her up by sitting and standing with her or have her get in a chair and pick her up from there. Don't hold her for long periods of time either.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009