What would you do/think?

My DD broke her arm 7/2/09, then had to have stitches in the back of her head 7/19/09. She is 2 years old. Say I were to go to the grocery store with her in my cart, would you ask me (a complete stranger) what happened? Or would you assume I was a bad parent or was abusing my DD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't say anything unless you struck up a conversation. (I'm kind of shy. lol) But I wouldn't think you were abusive unless while in the grocery store you were screaming at your kid or spanking her in front of everyone. She's a kid.....kids get hurt. I have 3 boys who think they are all Evil Knievel or something. They taught my two year old how to jump off the couch. Kids get hurt. I wouldn't think it made you any less of a mom.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Aw poor little tyke. I might well ask what happened, just to show human concern and caring. Of course I live in a fairly small area where such questions aren't considered two personal. Maybe I'd only ask if we were all waiting in line at the cashier together- just to make small talk.

Answer by Bmat at 6:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "too" personal Sorry.

• Sometimes, kids are clumsy. They get hurt.
    My youngest sister was born with 2 black eyes because she kept banging her head on my mom's pelvic bone. My mom got a TON of dirty looks when people saw that.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 6:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I probably wouldn't say anything but just smile knowingly. My son fell in the shower and had to have stitiches on his forehead. Then soon after he fell and busted the back of his head and had to get staples. Then he wrecked on his bike and scraped up his side pretty bad. SO I know kids get hurt!
    Anonymous

• I don't assume anything about anyone. Like the saying goes, "To assume is to make an a** of you and me". :)
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 6:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009