How can I get my 10 month old to sleep through the night

My daugter will not sleep through the night. She has no problem falling asleep its just sleeping through the night.

AshleyR1

Asked by AshleyR1 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My lil girl sleeps through the night and our routine is, to get up around 7 am then she eats breakfast and usually will take about an hour nap. Then she is up until around 1pm and takes about a 20 min nap, and at around 8 pm she goes back to sleep and sleeps through the night.
    ryrysyf

Answer by ryrysyf at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Depends on what time you are putting her to bed. Too late of a bedtime will cause her to get overtired and therefore wake up a night. Try an earlier bedtime. When my son was this age, his bedtime routine started at 6:30 and he was in bed by 7:00. He slept all night and has been a solid sleeper ever since.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 7:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "Sleeping through the night" is a mere five hours.

Keep a routine like the ones listed above. Then be patient. She'll get there when SHE is ready. What we want has nothing at all to do with it. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 8:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my dd is almost 3 yrs old and still wakes up
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Try to keep her busy and active throughout the day...and if you give her a nap don't let her sleep for too long. Also, try to make sure that nap time isn't too close to bedtime. I hope she sleeps allnight for you soon! =)
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 9:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009