Am I wrong?

So I work a full time 40+hour a week job that I really dislike, however the pay and the benefits are good, so I am trying to be a trooper for my little girl.
SO works a most of the time 40 hour a week during the SUMMER job, but the hours taper off the rest of the year.
I get realyl stressed about our finances, because I hate living paycheck to paycheck.
I for the most part since his hours are getting cut down, am the breadwinner, pay most of our big bills....etc. I have always been frugal where he spends a little more freely.
Would it be wrong to take 50 dollars out of our budget everyone of MY checks, to start savings so we don't have to scramble later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• The lady I clean for, said to me today, "every good woman, stashes money from her husband." You just never know...
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think it would be a good idea. In fact, my husband and I had money taken out of each pay for a joint savings account, plus a small amount (since I was a SAHM) into an account in my name only, just for a tiny bit of financial independence for me. (I ended up using it for presents for him, but that's another story.) Yes, a great way to save is to automatically have money put in an account. Especially if you can have it done before you see it.

Answer by Bmat at 6:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes save. And make your hb cut back.
    P.S. I would not tell him that you are saving. I think he might take it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would not tell him that you are saving. I think he might take it.

____
    OP here, I don't think he would blatetly take the money....he is not like that. Just never really had to scrimp like I did growing up.
    I wasn't planning on telling him only because the more out of sight out of mind it is the better in general.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like a great idea. Then it'll be there when you need it.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a brilliant idea !! You never know what could happen down the line, and it would be wonderful for you to be able to rest assured you have a little put away just in case.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It is time for a stealth job search.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Good idea. BTW, I would LOVE to have a good paying job with benefits, even one I don't like. I have not found anything in the last 18 months. Be grateful you have that job, there are a lot of people that would kill for it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think that you would really benefit from reading a book from Robert Kiyosaki. You are a perfect description of someone who has let money take over their life.

Learn how to make money work for you. It takes time,but you got to start somewhere.

Best seller; Rich Dad Poor Dad, you can probably stream it somewhere online for free.

It can really be an eye opener.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• In our family it was the opposite. My mom ws so used to going to walmart and getting what she needed and she didnt always have longterm goals in mind. (she was takingcare of 4 kids and dad took care of the money). He always teases that it was his goal to hide as much as she spent and if he got something hid before she spent it then they came out ahead. someone has to be looking out for the future (my mom was never reckless with money, but was jsut the 'gatherer" as she calls it).
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2009