What toys do you buy for your children?

As Cade has been getting older (which is very fast!) I've been struggling to find toys to match how he is growing up.
I've recently found a good online shop, kidstoyworld.uk.com and have found some really interesting buys on there, which are eco friendly, educational and affordable, I was just wondering if anyone had any good shops or online shops where I could look also!

SheilaDoyle

Asked by SheilaDoyle at 6:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i mostly look at walmart and try to get him fun but educational toys. i will be checking out that website though :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I always shop Amazon for toys because of the reviews available.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've never tried Amazon for toys..
    I may have to give that a try, have you found some good buys on there? Because I find I buy alot of stuff and he gets bored with it very quickly.
    SheilaDoyle

Answer by SheilaDoyle at 7:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I frequently use Amazon.com. You can see the reviews and compare many different brands. Then they are delivered to your door, often without shipping costs.

Answer by Bmat at 7:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Melissa and Doug toys!! They ROCK!
    Anonymous

• I found that if I put out a subset of his toys at a time, he doesn't get bored with them as fast. I have several "rainy day toys" that I only pull out when I know we're going to be indoors all day. Others I just put on a higher shelf and rotate through. That way "old" toys are suddenly new again. Amazon is a good place to get reviews but they aren't always the cheapest. Target and Walmart will sometimes beat them unless you can avoid shipping costs.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Amazon.com sucks.. but thats just me being biased and after working for them I refuse to shop on that site.. It can be good for reviews but often because its not amazon selling the item, its some third party, it will be way over priced.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 8:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I hide toys in an ottoman when they get bored with them so when I bring them out again in a few months they are new and exciting again. I've also found if you just rotate where you put the toys in the room they "find" stuff that has been sitting there all along. ROFL

I use Amazon a lot for toys, re-sale shops, toy swaps w/ other parents, etc. Better to reduce, reuse and recycle than fill up a landfill with more toys and packaging.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My daughter has one other little friend her age and he gets bored with his toys as well. My solution? Toy swap! Choose some toys and books to swap for a couple weeks with a reliable Mom/child. The toys seem new and when they get their old toys back, it's like they're greeting long lost friends! It works and doesn't cost a thing!
    Ems629

Answer by Ems629 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I shop from creative kids stuff a lot. Also happyhippie.com For us the lower tech and the further away from sweat shops the better!
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 4:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009