Wisdom Teeth

I'm having them removed on August 19 but right now, I'm in A LOT of pain. Especially one of them. They're coming in sideways. I wake up several times a night in a lot of pain. The dentist gave me vicoden and I'm taking Tylenol and Motrin like crazy, but it's just not cutting it. Any suggestions?

allans_girl

Asked by allans_girl at 6:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Health

• I am sorry. Call your dentist and tell them. You can't wait that long. Perhaps they can take you in and do only the one tooth on an emergency basis, or see if you can see a different dental surgeon. Explain that you simply can't wait that long and need help, and if your dentist just can't help you, then ask them to recommend somebody that can. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm a little limited on who I can see. I have to go to someone who accepts both United Concordia - the military dental plan - and the Care Credit card (my copay with be close to $800).
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 7:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Oh dear. It just sounds to me as though there isn't a choice, you are in too much pain even with all of the drugs. At least talk with your dentist and see if there is something that can be done, even as I suggested having just the one worked on right away if they can fit you in for that length of time.

Answer by Bmat at 7:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'll call them as soon as I get back to Missouri. That's where I'm having the work done.
    Not to mention - the vicoden plays with my head and I have a baby. I can't take it during the day.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 7:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree you should find a dental surgeon that can take you sooner. I was seen the week I had my X-rays to have them removed so Its weird that you have to wait that long
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When my husband had an impacted wisdom tooth, the dentist give him tylenol with codience, and it didn't help; I convinced him to try the baby's Hyland's teething tabs and they worked!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That is a long time to wait....let the dentist know how much pain you are in!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2009